Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Beaner Vacation to Reno

Look who we just saw!
We just got back from Reno, NV to visit our friends the Beaners. Honestly, I love these people! They are my family, the sister I never had. We fight like sisters, we love like sisters, and our kids love each other so much. When we first left NM we landed in Las Vegas and our next flight was postponed due to weather in Reno. (This was after we had loaded onto the plane and sat for awhile and luckily they let us get off.) It was one of the worst snow storms they had had this year and we were afraid they were going to cancel the flight. Not that it is horrible to be stranded in Vegas, but that's one less day visiting with the Beans. A few hours later we boarded again and were on our way. As we were arriving to Reno the weather was horrible. Our plane was all over the place, and poor little Hannah suffered. I thought she was going to puke all over and of course I will be honest I was no better. As we were preparing to land the plane suddenly pulled up and hit the gas because the wind was throwing us and we were not able to land. We were pretty much going straight up and then we evened out which made us all airborne for a few seconds. Luckily the kids were strapped tight, me, not so much. We circled that airport for about 30 minutes and we were finally able to land. I have never been happier to get off that plane. The boys slept through everything and Hannah and I made it without losing our lunch.


Since we were late getting there we just went back to their house and hung out and got dinner. The next morning we went to the Children's Museum and had so much fun. I think the adults had more than the kids. Between the dance, dance, dance and rock climbing wall, and the skinny mirror we were in heaven.


horrible picture, but you gotta love dance, dance, dance.


After the museum we went out to lunch and then went back to Beaners house to get ready for our double date. We went bull riding (fake of course) and went bowling and out to dinner. I am such an early bird and I was asleep pretty much during dinner. We ate late, around 10ish and I was SOO tired.

The next day we sort of hung out in the morning and then we got up and ready to go sledding. Zach was a maniac I tell you! He went down the big hills and loved it! Jake was timid and Ella just wanted to get out of the snow after awhile. Hannah had a ton of fun too going down with Ashlyn. The adults, gosh, of course we all tried to outdo each other. Luckily nobody got hurt!


The next day we went snowmobiling which I had never done before. It was so much fun and the kids LOVED it. I went a little crazy and almost threw Jon off the back. In my defense I did tell him to hold on and he didn't. This was our last day and then we were off to NM on the next day. I miss these people so much and I am excited that we get to meet still. Now we are plannning our next trip, hopefully before next year. Although we still have a girls weekend for Breaking Dawn to plan in November! Thanks for letting us come Beans!

No comments: