Saturday, June 12, 2010

Vacay up North



A few weeks ago we took a little trip up North because we had heard how beautiful it was. We figured we've lived here for three years and we can't leave Michigan without seeing it. We rented a house on a lake, and it had a pontoon boat, kyaks (Which we never got to use) and a huge house with enough room for both families. That's right! All 7 of our children and four adults! I loved it! It was beautiful and the kids were in heaven! Well, it did not dissappoint. It was so beautiful! I have some mixed feelings about leaving because New Mexico has a different type of beauty. A beauty which does not revolve around water or anything green. We packed enough food to feed an army and ate almost NONE of it. Candace and I did not feel like cooking so we ordered in food and ate out. So much for saving money on food. The kids had a blast on the boat, fishing, swimming, running through the beaches and relaxing outside in the sandbox.
Isn't it pretty?
This is my favorite picture of the trip! These are my boys.


This is in Traverse City. After we left the farm house, we headed up to Traverse City and looked around a bit. We walked around and before we know it, it was 4:00 and we still had a four hour drive ahead of us. Instead we decided to be spontaneous and see if the Beans wanted to stay one more day. Aaron was almost, what did Candace call him, "A spontaneous moment killer", but he crumbled under pressure really fast and we went in search of a reasonably priced hotel room on Memorial Day weekend. We found the good ole Travel Lodge and went to the Beach and let the kids play and feed the baby ducks. We had so much fun and we were so glad to be able to go with the Beaners one last time somewhere. Enjoy the pictures!
This is what my boys are known for when getting in water. Yes, crying. They are super afraid of the water and I was so proud they even got in! Our first summer in Michigan, Zach would not even go near the water. When I signed the kids up for swim lessons he cried and refused to participate. By the end of the lessons he put his feet in. By summer #2, he was able to atleast put his feet in. By summer #3 he would wade in and have no problem as long as he could touch the bottom. So, I say he has come a long way and even attempting to get in the water is a big deal in this family. I only have a pic of Jake because I was laughing (yes, I am mean) and trying to get them both out of the water crying. I love my boys!





This picture does not do this dog justice! This dog was HUGE! Candace and I joked around that we found Jacob(or atleast a wolf) in Traverse City.

I refuse to post any pics of the adults on the water trampoline, although it was probably one of the funnest parts of the trip. Let's just say nobody deserves to see those pics! Not flattering, to anyone, on any angle. Thanks Beaners for a great trip!

5 comments:

ThurberGang said...

Looks like SO much fun!!!

Courtney said...

Looks like you had tons of fun! I love all of the pictures.
Good luck with your upcoming move.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks like a blast! Fun for you, I'm so excited for you and the changes coming the next few months. Keep us posted on how your move and things go.

shelbell said...

That sounds like SO much fun, and what a cute house! Glad you're back in this neck of the 'woods' though:)

Unknown said...

Love you so much, sis. Appears you are so very happy and for that I couldn't be more happy for you. Looks like you all had a great time. Congratulations!