Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Ending the school Year

Okay, so not so good with the re-starting up but oh well.  We are ending the school year and it makes me happy that they will be with me again and sad because they are growing older and more independent every year.  It has been an adjustment this year, this independence thing has been hard on only me.  Jon just rolls with the punches and the attitudes and handles it while I am having a harder time letting go.  We have been so busy lately though and have a busy summer.  I was called as Assistant Stake Camp Director and it has been crazy getting ready for this endeavor.  Of course I am so excited and I LOVE  being with the girls but I'm already tired just thinking about it. I was released from Young Women's and that has been an adjustment.  I have been in Young Women's what seems like my entire married life so far, but if I am honest I was ready.  I am now the Ward compassionate service leader and it's going great!  Jon got released as YM President and is now the Gospel Doctrine Teacher and he absolutely LOVES IT! And I have to admit, he's pretty good at it and I love his lessons. He can really relate it to now and in a way that is less intimidating.  We are gearing up for lots of camping trips and our bi-annual Lake Powell trip and Boy Scout camps, and swimming lessons and basketball camps and volleyball camps and LOTS OF down time hopefully! 

Jon and I went to Cabos San Lucas in April and it was just the two of us and it WAS FANTASTIC! AMAZING! Just what the doctor ordered!


 


 
I have been a slacker and haven't taken that many pictures this year! It makes me sad, so we are leaving town this weekend and I will have plenty of pictures for you!



One amazing thing that has happened is our little Jakey got baptized. He was able to be baptized on his actual birthday with all his little friends, Ashton and Andrew and Bode and Aubrey.  They were so cute and I am so proud of him for making this decision.  This little boy has such a sensitive heart and is a little cuddler.  (Unless we are at school then there is a no hug rule).  He loves his big brother Zach and looks up to him so much.  He pretty much idolizes Zach and hates being left behind if Zach goes to a friends house.  Luckily Zach loves him too and brings him everywhere he goes. 
 
Here's to this summer and all the fun to be had and swimming to be swam.  I am so thankful for my beautiful children and my loving husband.  Even when they drive me insane and I can't stand them. 
 

No comments: