Monday, March 26, 2018

Update 2018!

I've thought about how life is going so fast. Like, so incredibly fast it seems unreal.  It makes me so sad! My kids are getting HUGE!! And I have a horrible memory, so I figure maybe I could start up again.  I don't know! You know how great I am at these. I will be good for a few days and fall off for a few years.  Gotta love it! Especially with Instagram and Facebook nowadays.  It's so easy to post a pic real quick.  So let's play catch up for a little bit....

Jon is doing really well at work! He bought into partnership and things are going really well.  He is busy busy with work.  He works with the High Priests at church and finally joined a gym! YAY!  When I met Jon he was an avid gym go-er.  He introduced me to the gym and when he started medschool and did residency and then moved back here..there never seemed to be any time for anything anymore. I KNOW he missed it! So he finally signed up and he loves it! 

Bella (me) is doing really good.  I am at that stage of having no kids at home anymore! So weird! And it went so incredibly fast I have no idea how that happened.  I teach the 9-10 year olds at church and was just called as the.....guess....camp director! haha This is actually pretty funny because I have been the Stake Camp director for the passed 3 years and this was going to be my first year off...and...nope!! I still get to go! Good thing I ABSOLUTELY love Girls camp! I am training for my first half marathon, which is exciting.  Last week I ran 12 miles on Friday and holy cow! It really makes me excited to know I can actually do it! The race is in a few weeks so hopefully all will go well.

Hannah is almost sixteen! WHAT?? Yes, that is exactly what I said! She turns sixteen in May, and boy is she excited to start...DATING! Ugh...mom and dad aren't ready at all.  I hate boys...She is a sophmore in highschool and just finished her cheerleading season for the second year in a row.  I think she has a love/hate relationship with it.  I can't quite decide! I can't believe she will be a junior in a few months. Did anybody ever mention that raising teenagers is hard? Because it is in a way....its not physically exhausting..its all mental!  hahaha She is a good kid though.  She's driving around, asserting her independence every chance she gets, and pretty much she can't wait to get out of school. 

Zach is almost 14...another UGH...but he's so sweet.  He's in the 8th grade.  He loves pretty much, computer games, building um...who knows what.  He is in the process of building a tank right now..or a boat..or something I can't quite figure it out. HAHA  He LOVES LOVES band! He is in a zero hour jazz band class, which he plays the trumpet. He also plays the bassoon in symphony band.  That's pretty much his life, band band band and building things with his friends.

Jacob will be 11 in a few days. He just started football and LOVES it.  He had been begging me for a few years and so we finally caved and started him on a flag football team but its pretty competitive.  They practice 3 times a week and games are on Saturdays.  He also is doing really well in school! Can't believe he's in the 5th grade and going into sixth soon! Ugh! junior high! Yucky!  He has such a fun personality, right now he loves spending time with Jon, and goes anywhere with him.  He is such a sweet boy still but is ready to grow up.  Unlike Zach who is content to be who he is. hahah 

Ella is 8, she was baptized last year and is in the 3rd grade.  She is our little Sprite.  She is defintely the youngest and wants to be babied.  We are working on getting her a little more dependent (even if I secretly don't want to).  She has also been doing razzle dazzle cheer for the last few years.  She LOVES it! She looks so darn cute in her little cheer outfit and getting put in the air.  She excels at school and loves playing with her friends.  She also loves computer games.  All my kids do, except Hannah. 

I can't believe its 2018! These kids are such great kids, I am so lucky to be their mom.  Some other tidbit of news.  Jon's parents are serving a mission in South Africa and we are all going to visit them. The kids are really excited and so am I. What an experience! We still live in Albuquerque and love it! Although, I do miss moving around.  Okay there is a quick update and hopefully I will be on more!

No comments: