Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Girls Camp Aug 2011

My fearless Asst. Camp Director! LOVE HER!!



In August was our Girls Camp for our Church. I was called as Camp Director and I have to tell you I was SO excited! I always seem to miss the cutoff for going to camp when I work in Young Women's. I am either pregnant, just have had a baby, or moving to a different state. This year was my year and I was a leader, which was even better! I was looking forward to the crying, fighting, teasing and then of course the Make up testimony meeting where everyone is your best friend again camp. This was not how it went, it was amazing and my girls were THE BEST! I have to say sometimes I think we had a little too much fun, whether we were bombing other wards (we made paper mache bombs and filled them with candy and threw them into unsuspecting tents from other wards at midnight and 1 in the morning). We were indeed "The Bomb Squad". The camp theme were variations of SWAT team, 007, you get the idea. Justin Bieber was our mascot for the entire week of camp, he got "bombed" and his song was pretty much a constant staple to our dance parties. Of course these parties consisted of me dancing like a lunatic while the girls all laughed at me. Gotta love it! I even got the "I didn't know you could dance Sister Williamson, you know, for an old person". Oh man, I have now passed over to the dark side of ma'am, lady and no longer is it Ms. or Miss. Anyways, these girls were amazing and we had so much fun together, especially my Asst. Camp Director. We are two peas in a pod and seriously we were the loudest ward there, and of course the messiest. I can't wait till next year, I have already told them they better not replace me because I am going whether they call me or not.

Everyone together! Do you like our shirts?

Bieber getting "bombed".

You can't go anywhere without Jacob with these girls. This was also placed on the latrine door.

These girls seriously bring out the young girl in me. I sometimes felt like one of the young women instead of the leader. So here's to camp next year! Can't wait.

No comments: